As a student in this professional training you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what trauma is and the impact. Specifically, how traumatized people process information, trauma symptoms, and how trauma impacts sensorimotor processing
- Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interoception, brain development, emotional regulation, and cognition.
- Through exploration of A.C.E , complex trauma, developmental trauma, and attachment theories, you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
- Learn tools to increase heart rate variability, increase neuroplasticity, decrease activity in the default mode network, induce the relaxation response, support nervous system regulation, body awareness, and communication. These skills will be useful in your own journey as well valuable to integrate in your role as a teacher.
- You will have tools to make your standard classes more trauma sensitive. Through practicum, you will feel empowered to offer trauma-informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups.
- We will explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma. And how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing trauma.
Please note: THIS IS NOT A THERAPEUTIC INTENSIVE. Whilst we hold space for interpersonal transformation, this is a professional training. Also, missing more than two hours of training, will require individual to pay for an individual session(s) with one of our trauma facilitators, to be eligible for certification.
This training is best-suited for:
Yoga teachers, therapists, clinicians, trauma workers, and any individual interested in trauma informed yogic practices. After completion of this training you will feel empowered to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations. If you are not a yoga teacher, this training will support you in your own self regulation, and offer you tools you can use with patients and clients.