We are SO EXCITED to bring you a Thai Bodywork Training with BodyWise Institute, led by Eleanor Bramwell and Kira Krick.
The ancient healing art of Thai Massage is said to have originated before the time of the Buddha. Often called the lazy man’s yoga the receiver is passive and the practitioner stretches, and compresses their body. When offering Thai Massage or Bodywork we draw from thousands of years of healing, and incorporate elements of acupressure and deep muscle work.
Through hands on practice, lecture, and group discussions you will learn:
* How to offer a 90 minute massage sequence
* Basic anatomy of the skeletal, fascial, and lymphatic system
* Efficient use of body mechanics, and how to use your hands, feet and elbows
* Client recruitment, and how to build a practice
* Contraindications and modifications for specific populations
* The lineage and history of Thai Massage
* Introduction to sen lines, and the energetics of Thai Massage
* Explore basic trauma theory and how to create safe space for clients
40 hours of this training are contact. 10 hours are non contact, post course completion.
The training will be an introduction to Thai Bodywork and appropriate for all levels, no prior massage experience (or partner) is needed. Many yoga teachers appreciate how this course empowers them to offer more informed assists and feel more comfortable touching their students.
This training is taught over the course of two weekends: October 11-13 and October 18-20, 2019
Training Times: Friday 5:30-8:00 pm, Saturday 9:00-6:00 pm, Sunday 9:00-5:30 pm
Early Bird $599
After May 1st, $799
Training manuals and certification are included in the price.
This training can be used for CE hours for yoga teachers, and massage therapists.