This training will be held at Bloomfield Power Yoga in Pittsburg, PA over two weekends, 9/28-9-30 and 10/5-10/7.
Facilitator: Eleanor Bramwell
Through lecture, self-inquiry, group discussion, practice teaching, and the latest advances in neurobiology; we will investigate trauma theories, trauma informed yoga, and body based healing. After completion of this training you will feel elevated to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations.
As a student in this training you will:
Gain a deeper understanding of how traumatized people process information, what trauma symptoms are, and how trauma impacts sensorimotor processing.
- Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interception, brain development, emotional regulation, and cognition. Through exploration of A.C.E , complex trauma, and developmental trauma theories, you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
- Learn tools to support system regulation, body awareness, and communication. These skills will be useful in your own journey as well valuable to integrate in your role as a teacher.
- Feel empowered to offer trauma-informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups.
- Have tools to weave into your yoga classes creating safer space for your students.
- Connect with a community of conscious entrepreneurs and yogis living in today's world, who understand that service through yoga can be a form of impacting social justice.
- Explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma and how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing trauma.