This training will be held at MPower Yoga in Baltimore, MD on June 15 - June 17, 2018
FACILITATORS: ELEANOR BRAMWELL AND RAE HELSEL
This training program provides the foundation to invoke the body's natural state.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to confidently guide students through a full restorative class or incorporate restorative states into other yoga classes
- The creative art of using props
- How to intelligently sequence a series that will initiate relaxation, healing, and release
- Science of the Relaxation Response theory
- The biology of pranayama (breath)
- The anatomy of nervous system
- The biology of hormonal systems
- How to modify poses for students with injuries, etc.
- Introduction to assisting
- What is it to restore?
- How is it different than resting, meditating or sleeping?
ELIGIBLE FOR CEUs THROUGH YOGA ALLIANCE
5 course hours are non contact, and to receive your diploma you must submit final course work.
INTEGRATION PROJECTS INCLUDE:
Offering 5 community restorative classes, and a short write up
Write a 2 page essay on an approved topic
THIS TRAINING IS BEST SUITED FOR:
Anyone seeking to understand restorative practices and benefits on a deeper level. No prerequisites are required.